"We were established to legally protect your rights and support your interests"
Residence permit card for a permanent stay or a residence permit card for a temporary stay in Ukraine.
Amongst the most general grounds to obtain a residence permit card for a temporary stay in Ukraine are employment in Ukraine, implementation of the project of international aid, preaching, cultural activity, educational studies in Ukraine and family reunion. The list of documents necessary to obtain such a residence card depends on the grounds for a temporary stay. It should be noted that a foreigner in order to obtain a residence card for a temporary stay is required to have a long-stay visa (type D) stamped in his/her passport.
It shall take no more than 15 days starting from the date of the submission of documents.
A residence permit card for a temporary stay is issued for a term of up to one year. This term can be further extended each year.
Once a foreigner obtains a copy of the refusal of the application for a residence card for temporary stay he/she is entitled to challenge that decision within one month by appealing to the State Migration Service or court. Filing of an appeal suspends the refusal in question.
It shall take 7 days starting from the date of the submission of documents.
The minimum age to obtain residence permit cards for a permanent or temporary stay is 16. In exceptional cases, a residence permit card for a permanent stay can be obtained by an individual under the age of 16 provided that there is notarized consent from both parents.
Personal details of a child under the age of 16 who obtained an immigration permit together with his/ her parents (legal representatives) or arrived together with them in Ukraine for a temporary stay should be included in a residence permit card of one of the parents (legal representatives) on the basis of:
1. Application of a person whose residence permit card includes such details.
2. Original (it is given back after presenting) and a copy of a child’s birth certificate, translated into Ukrainian, in accordance with the law.
Duration of the residence card for a permanent stay is unlimited. A residence card for a permanent stay should be substituted for the new one once a person reaches the age of 25 and 45.
In order to apply for a residence card for a permanent stay in Ukraine you should submit the following:
1. Application for a residence card for a permanent stay;
2. Passport of a foreigner or an ID of a stateless person (it is given back after presenting) and its copy;
3. Ukrainian translation of the foreigner’s passport (ID of a stateless person) page with his/ her personal details (name, last name, date of birth etc.) notarized in accordance with Ukrainian law;
4. Copy of a decision about the issuing of an immigration permit;
5. State duty payment receipt or a document that confirms exemption from such payment, if applicable;
6. Four identical photos of the applicant. The photos must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm and printed on mat paper.
7. Certificate that confirms an identification code issued by tax authorities, if any.
In addition to the documents listed above you should submit other documents that are considered necessary for a particular category of immigrants.