1. For foreigners from countries for which a visa for entry is required – during the period stated in a visa unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine;
2. For foreigners from countries for which a visa is not required for entry – no more than during 90 days within a period of 180 days starting from the date of first entry into Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine;
3. For the foreigners who arrived in Ukraine on visas obtained before 11 September 2011 – during the period stated in such visas but no more than 90 days within a period of 180 days starting from the date of first entry into Ukraine.
1. If you arrived in Ukraine with a short-stay visa or had a visa-free entry into Ukraine and there are sound reasons for you to stay in Ukraine longer than originally expected (for instance, medical treatment, pregnancy or childbirth, caring for an ill family member, formalities regarding the inheritance in Ukraine, applying for an immigration permit or Ukrainian citizenship etc.) you are permitted to stay in Ukraine until the reasons for the longer stay cease to exist provided that documentation substantiating the reason for your stay are submitted to the proper authorities. However, the total duration of your stay cannot exceed 180 days from the date of the last entry into Ukraine. (Please note that С-2, С-3, Б, Л, М, Н, Р, Г, К, Т, П-1, ОП і П-2 visas obtained before 11 September 2011 should be considered as short-stay visas);
2. If you entered Ukraine with a transit visa and due to an emergency such as natural calamity, illness, vehicle repair etc, you are required to prolong your transit through Ukraine, you are allowed to stay in Ukraine until such circumstances are eliminated, provided that provided that documentation to substantiate your stay are submitted to the government authorities (Please note that ТР-1 and ТР-2 visas obtained before 11 September 2011 should be considered as transit);
3. If you entered Ukraine with a long-stay visa and during the validity of a visa you were not able to obtain a residence permit card for a permanent or temporary stay in Ukraine for valid reasons and provided that you submitted confirming documents, you can be allowed to stay in Ukraine for a period of one extra month. (Please note that О, ІМ-1, ІМ-2, ІМ-3 and Ф visas obtained before 11 September 2011 should be considered as long-stay visas).
The duration of stay in Ukraine can be extended on the application of a foreigner and his/ her sponsor, which should be submitted to the territorial authorities or departments of the State Migration Service according to the place of residence of an applicant not earlier than 10 and not later than 3 business days prior to the expiration of such duration. An application form and examination procedure are obtained from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
First and foremost, you should inform your country’s consulate. At the same time you should immediately inform the territorial authority or department of the State Migration Service about the loss of your passport in written form. They are to issue you a certificate and notify the Administration of the State Border Guard Service. A request for an extension of your stay in Ukraine should be made after obtaining a new passport from the proper authorities.
A foreigner who enters Ukraine should be registered at the Ukrainian border crossing point by an official of the State Border Guard Service.